Sarah (Head Stuck In A Book)'s Reviews > Dreamless

Dreamless by Josephine Angelini

Jun 23, 12

This book was as good as the first book in the series and I loved that book, this is definitely one of my favourites of the year so far.
The only problem is that I have to wait till next year for the third book and after the ending in this book I don't know if I have the patience to wait that long!
After the last book we have Helen and Lucas avoiding each other after the revelation from Helen's Mum Daphne, that they are cousins, it's because of this that they can't be together (although how they haven't figured out that what they were told is a lie is beyond me, they're both meant to be really smart but can't seem to work out the simplest of sums like how her supposed father Ajax and Lucas' uncle died 19 years ago yet Helen is only 17), if they could just figure this out then they could be together instead of moping around, that's the only complaint I have about this story.
Helen now known as the Descender (the only Scion able to make her way into Tartarus) is on a mission to find the Furies and help stop the fights that occur when people from the four different houses are in each others company.
But the problem is she can only visit when she's asleep but she's not technically sleeping so it's making her ill, while down there she meets Orion who is sent down there to help Helen every night.
Now in the first book Starcrossed I was all for Helen and Lucas but now after reading this book I'm torn, while there is a love triangle forming between Helen, Lucas and Orion I really like the idea of Helen and Orion as a couple and I don't know who I'd rather she was with.
Lucas is mostly absent in this book and when he is in it he's very angry and sullen and as soon as he is in Helen's presence he turns around and walks away.
And that's a big thing that I missed, the interaction between these two characters that I fell in love with in the previous book.
Everyone in the previous book makes an appearance and while some of them don't have a lot of page time they still make their presence felt.
This has fast become one of my favourite series and I eagerly await the time till I have the third book Goddess in my eager hands.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreamless.