Alena's Reviews > Batwoman, Vol. 1: Hydrology

1291996
Jun 25, 12

bookshelves: fantasy-sci-fi, comic, queer
Read from June 23 to 25, 2012

Oh my god, I honestly didn't expect to love this as much as I did! I can't really pin down the reasons yet. The story unfolds beautifully and the art is stunning.

I'm counting on you to let me know when I can preorder the next volume, unless I can't wait and need to read the individual issues. I'm looking at you, Megan and Danie!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Batwoman, Vol. 1.

06/23/2012 page 0
0.0% "Squee! Look what I had in the mail yesterday!" 1 comment

Comments (showing 1-7)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Megan I've been buying the individual issues but saving them up to read in in one bout - waiting a month between issues is killing me. Loved this series and it got me back into buying comics. :)

Alena How you can buy them and not read them is beyond me.

Megan I read the first few of the new arc but it was a bit disjointed so I had to keep going back to reread to remember what went on before ... so then I decided to sit on them until the arc was completed and read it all in one sitting.

Danie Ooh, I'm so jealous. I haven't gotten my hands on a copy yet. Ooh, the anticipation... :) Though, according to Wikipedia (and so, take with grain of salt), the next TPB is coming out in Jan. of 2013.

Alena One of the rare books that was worth every bit of anticipation, I thought. Usually I'm disappointed by books that I look forward to this much.

Another six month wait. I think I had a four month wait for this. I survived, but I may cave on this one. We'll see. I couldn't find a publication, however vague, anywhere yet.

Alena It's at the top of the corresponding NYT bestseller list. Maybe that'll make the second volume come out faster.

Alena Nope. Volume two comes out on January 22, 2013. That does seem like cruel and usual torture.