Steelwhisper's Reviews > Fifty Shades of Grey

Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James

message 1: by Charlie (last edited Feb 14, 2015 07:56AM) (new)

Charlie B. steelie, I was surprised you actually bothered to read this then I noticed it was three years ago. not gonna make any difference though was it, lol

Steelwhisper I can be stubborn at times...

message 3: by Yblees (new)

Yblees *LOL* I can't believe you read it either.
I gave up 10 pages into the first chapter. Only reason I read so much was that I couldn't accept how bad it was! Thank goodness it was a preview chapter, so I didn't actually pay for it.

Steelwhisper I really wanted to know what all that fuss was about. I mean, the local BDSM scene was in a real tizz and I kept walking into people who didn't know I was into BDSM making disparaging remarks about BDSMers, more so than commonly. So I read it. Skimmed it more, rather. It was a truly horrid experience ;)

message 5: by Yblees (new)

Yblees Steelwhisper wrote: "It was a truly horrid experience ;)"

One word: Twilight!

Steelwhisper Errr.

Hm.

I actually liked Twilight and Eclipse. Somewhat. ;) It was far better written, and at the time the twinkly skin had novelty value. It was definitely WAY better than FSOG.

message 7: by Yblees (new)

Yblees Haha. Twilight missed my family. I avoided it because Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles were my vampire fix, and my kids avoided it because Harry Potter and Divergent are wayy cooler.

Steelwhisper I read HP, I dislike the Vampire Chronicles (much prefer the original Dracula and Vampirella), and I also dislike Divergent.