Dee Haddrill's Reviews > For You

For You by Kristen Ashley

Jun 24, 12

bookshelves: dangerous-heroes-support-group-chal, contemporary-romance, 5-stars, read-2012
Read from June 23 to 24, 2012

It's a well-established fact that I am a MASSIVE fan of Kristen Ashley's work, but this one moved me beyond a fan! I don't think I could love a book more than this one. I'm usually not a fan of books that feature a couple that split up and eventually find their way back together. Don't know why, but I'm just not. And I still felt that way starting this one. But when it came down to the reason why they broke up, it completely broke my heart. Twenty years apart because of a vicious lie!!! I couldn't help thinking though, it they had just talked about it...

This beautifully written love story has wonderful characters (both primary and secondary) who draw you into their lives, a good solid suspense story (even knowing the killer so early in the piece didn't detract from a great story), amazing dialogue (especially the steamy sex talk), and of course, amazingly hot, wild and steamy sex scenes that Kristen Ashley writes incredibly well! The story made me laugh, made me say a few "naaaawwwwwwww"s, and even brought tears to my eyes!

Anyway, there are many reasons why I loved this story but the main reason would be the ages of Colt and Feb. I know it's just a story, and romance stories rarely have any relevance on real life. But Feb being 42 and finally being with the man she loves (and had loved her whole life); well, it gave me hope that maybe I'm not too old after all, and that one day it could happen to me. So many romance novels focus on men in their 30s and women in their 20s, and it can be quite soul-crushing (as a woman in her 40s), thinking that maybe I've missed my chance and that there is no one out there for me. Again, I know this was just a story, but it's given me hope, and that can only be a good thing.

So, to the lovely Ms Ashley, you have given this old spinster hope, and for that I thank you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read For You.