Dustin's Reviews > Worldliness: Resisting the Seduction of a Fallen World

Worldliness by C.J. Mahaney

Oct 25, 08

bookshelves: culture-christ-and-relevance, study-tools, small-group-study-recommendations, top-5-of-2008, living-biblically
Recommended for: Everybody
Read in October, 2008

I CAN'T RECOMMEND THIS BOOK ENOUGH!!!!!!!

If there is a better book, talk, or movie on this subject, I've yet to ever hear of it. I'm still processing a lot of what I read in this book (which I will be blogging about at a later date) but God has used this book to expose my heart's desire for worldliness that I never knew exsisted.

Here's what I like about this book and what makes it different from most (if not all) on this subject. It is written with humility, is full of grace, and saturated with Scripture. If you are looking for a book that gives you the "approved listening, watching, and buying list for Christians", get another book because you're not going to find that here.

This book deals with the heart, exposes the wordliness inside of it, and by God's grace leads you through the process (notice not quick fix, but PROCESS) of tuning your heart to live a life centered by the cross of Christ.

I can't think of a better book for personal reading, small group discussion, for congregational reading, or a resource to give to another brother or sister that is struggling with this issue as you are in some way.

The people that God has brought together in Sovereign Grace Ministries are a blessing to me. I love that this book isn't authored by just one person, but rather is authored by several men who are in all kinds of different pastoral ledership situations. They are real with their sin and allow you to see the worldliness that still rests in their heart. This book is raw, honest, humbling, loving, and full of grace.

I will be buying a bunch of these books to hand out to folks in hopes that God would cultivate more of Himself in the people that explore this issue in their hearts. Thanks C.J. for your putting this project together, your humility, leadership, love for Jesus, and a great resource!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Worldliness.