Ibjoy1953's Reviews > One Smooth Stone

One Smooth Stone by Marcia Lee Laycock

U 50x66
Jun 22, 12

Read in May, 2012

Alex Donnelly’s entire life has been a complete disaster. Where some foster homes are good, Alex ended up in the worst of the worst, with limited food to eat and abuse that no one should face, much less an innocent child. This is why he picked the Yukon to hide from life and everyone in it. And when you hear his story, you won’t blame Alex at all. Then the visit came that would change Alex’s life forever, that is if Alex really believed what he was hearing.

Alex was special from the beginning, because of his lonely and sad life you can’t help but love him. The hurt he had endured in life was so deep that it seemed that Alex was just too far gone to ever be helped. What Alex didn’t realize was that he couldn’t hide from God. And it seemed there was always a Christian in Alex’s path. But Alex would still have to make the decisions. Join Alex as he discovers things about his past, and about God that will capture your heart and keep you in the pages of this book until the end.

I just can’t say enough about Marcia Laycock’s “One Smooth Stone.” I really enjoyed the visit to the Yukon and the other neat places we get to visit during this story. You can tell Marcia has lived near the Yukon and surrounding areas by the vivid details of how she describes the setting. And then there is Alex. I felt so bad for Alex, he was so hurt and bitter, living a lonely life because of how people had treated him. I appreciate Marcia dealing with this side of foster can, and what children actually go though, and the effect it has on their lives.

If you only have time to read two books right now, then Marcia Laycock’s “One Smooth Stone” and its sequel, “A Tumbled Stone” need to be the two. The issues Marcia writes about here, and how she writes in her stories that God is in control of our lives, and how we need to Trust Him, are lessons everyone need to learn. Whatever difficulty you have gone through or are going through, this book will be a valuable resource for you to read and keep on hand.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Smooth Stone.