Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)'s Reviews > Send Me a Sign

Sep 28, 12

bookshelves: arc-book-read, kindle-books
Read from August 31 to September 02, 2012

My Thoughts and Review on Send Me a Sign:

When I first started reading this I couldn't help but feel as if the story was familiar, almost like I had read it before, but of course, that couldn't be because this is an ARC and it hasn't even been released yet.

As the story progressed, I realized why it seemed so familiar. It has a lot of similarities to another book I read earlier this year. Similar but not the same (which is a relief).

Both books were about a cheerleader with leukemia, both heart felt and both managed to bring out a rainbow of emotions in me.

I really do love it when a story can manage to bring so many thoughts, feelings and emotions out in the reader. It truly is a sign (no pun intended) of a good storyteller.

I really loved Mia. She was a strong brave character and I had to admire her for that. I wouldn't want to be in her situation and make the choices that she did have to make, no matter what age I was. Cancer is never easy, not on anyone and she handled it well, she really did.

She not only was dealing with issues all teenagers have with trying to find themselves and where they fit into the world but she was fighting a horrible illness as well.

Gyver, Ryan, Hil, really this book was chalked full of wonderful characters.

This was a great coming of age story that will warm your heart, make you cry with joy and with sadness and leave you wanting more.

I so did not want this one to end.

I give this one 4 Stars!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Send Me a Sign.

08/31/2012 page 130