Ibjoy1953's Reviews > Lessons in the Journey

Lessons in the Journey by Patrick K. Dawson

U_50x66
Jun 22, 12

Read in June, 2012

For pediatric surgeon Elizabeth Finch, life is not always perfect, and throw’s its punches hard, some because of choices she makes, and some just happened. We start following Liz’s story in the beginning when she finds out her daughter has been shot. And we continue as she seeks to find help in the journey she is facing as her life keeps unraveling before her eyes.

Patrick Dawson captures the hearts of his readers in his book “Lessons in the Journey,” a through provoking, moving and heartwarming story that will draw you into it’s pages and won’t let you go until well after you finish reading. As with all of us facing difficult issues in life, Liz was definitely not ready for what life brought her way, and can ask the question, “Why does bad things happen to good people?”

We get to know Liz through the flashbacks into her life, meeting the important people in her life along the way. I enjoyed reading the story this way, it gave me the overall feeling of what her life was like; the emotions, the fears, and the pain and suffering she went through. And I could feel the struggles Liz had with her faith throughout her life as well, not at all easy for her.

We can take many things from this beautifully written story. Having a strong relationship with the Lord, and trusting Him during our difficulties, and how He can take the difficult things and make something good out of them is a very valuable lesson. And the fact is that bad things happen to everyone, some in the same ways, some differently, the important thing is how we handle the situations.

I highly recommend this book to everyone. And I think the most fascinating thing for me about this book is that it’s written by a man, and how he writes a story so beautifully that captures the hearts of women. This would be a wonderful book for a book club to read and discuss!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lessons in the Journey.