Robin's Reviews > Steal Like an Artist: 10 Things Nobody Told You About Being Creative

Steal Like an Artist by Austin Kleon

Jun 26, 2012

Read from June 01 to 24, 2012

This is a gem! If you consider yourself at all the creative type, you'll definitely find tips/tricks/inspiration here. It's filled with good ideas, a few hearty laughs, and great quotes to help any would be writers, artists, etc. Some of the ideas challenge what might seem intuitive (be boring), others are good practical advice (marry well).

One favorite quote: "We don't know where we get our ideas from. What we do know is that we do not get them from our laptops." - John Cleese (the advice - Step away from the screen.)

*****
A co-worker friend loaned me this book. She bought it after hearing the author speak here in Portland. It's a pretty quick little read. (Unlike the time she loaned me the 20-something-CD/book of Greenspan's memoir "The Age of Turbulence".)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Steal Like an Artist.

06/22/2012 page 29
18.0% "I have a stack of books, none of which are really calling out "read me, read me". I guess I'll finish off this one - it's short and I need to return it to the friend who loaned it to me."

message 1: by Adrienne (new) - added it

Adrienne Looks good! For me & my 2 daughters who are hopin g to be writers when they grow up. I still harbor secret hopes about that myself.

Robin You all are the perfect audience for this book. I need to buy a copy and send it off to my son Courtney.