Rachael's Reviews > Beginnings

liked it
bookshelves: 2012, romance, reviewed
Read on June 22, 2012

3 - 3.5 Stars - Can't really decide D:

Seeing as how I read Books 1 & 2, and part of 3 before I read Beginnings, I suppose I had some a good amount of insight towards Rayn's parents' situations. However, I only knew of a basic level, so Beginnings provided me with more material to read and ponder upon...

Anyways, what I like best about this book is the fact that it made me sympathize more with the Rowan's situation. At a first look, Rowan's initial attitude towards Rayn was a bit cold and cruel. I suppose after reading this, I gained more understanding of the Vesturions' government system, as well as what one has to go through if they are of royalty or want to make a change.

Beginnings was also a nice reminder to me about the rest of the series. The style of the writing was similar, as well as the plot, although there were also distinctively different elements. It was like reliving my past reading experience, but in a more renewed way.

My only complaint was that there is another issue of insta-love. I'm starting to think it's part of the Vesturion's culture or genetic system, but falling deeply in love with Annalise and to go as far as demanding to petition the government seemed a little extreme. Nevertheless, his relationship with her was still cute(:

Overall, if you enjoyed the rest of The Guardians of Vesturon series, or are just looking for a cute, different, and short PNR read, I recommend to you, Beginnings!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beginnings.