Jasmine's Reviews > Whispers at Moonrise

Whispers at Moonrise by C.C. Hunter

Oct 18, 12

Read in October, 2012

OMG i cant wait until October. It seems like this is the month for everything I want to read to come out. But hey I am NOT complaining. Now to make my little comments:
1) The cover could of been soooooo much better
2) I hope Holiday and the big sexy FRU vampire agent get together FINALLY
3) Miranda and Perry are goig to fall in love
4) Della is going to get a boyfriend who can treat her right and who knows what she is
5) Lastly the whole Kylie-Lucas-Derek situation. Really a part of me is confused. I am still kinda mad at Derek for what he did and how he kept on blowing kylie off even when she tried to make it work with him. Lucas I love Lucas ( and Derek ) but he can be an annoying jealous little prick at sometimes which plucks a nerve.

Anyways I just cant wait until we find out who that ghost was and ALL OF THE ANSWERS to Kylie's and my questions.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Whispers at Moonrise.

Quotes Jasmine Liked

C.C. Hunter
“Kylie bit down on her lip. Burnett took a step forward. He squared his shoulders, empathy filling his eyes. He took a deep, apparent heartfelt breath and looked at Kylie. She nodded at him as if giving him the lead. He looked back at Holiday and, in a deep voice, said, "Kylie has something to tell you."

Kylie's mouth fell open and right then she knew it was official. Men sucked at verbal communication especially where anything emotional was concerned.”

C.C. Hunter
“You couldn't always control life, just your response to it.”

C.C. Hunter
“John rose to his feet and apologized to Holiday.

Her mom seethed.

Her dad tried to talk to her seething mom.

Holiday tried to touch everyone.

Burnett continued to glare green daggers at John, proving how hard it was for a vampire to accept an apology. Not that she blamed him. Kill him. Kill him. She cheered the vampire on.

Lucas hadn't stopped scowling at Derek and Derek hadn't stopped ignoring Lucas.”

C.C. Hunter
“He stood up. "Let's go." The sun spilling through the window hit his chest, making his bare skin look even more golden.
"That's okay," she sputtered. "You don't have to...tag along."
"Yes, I do. I'm your shadow until after breakfast."

Oh great. Her gaze slipped down to his open shirt again. Was she going to have to look, or try not to look, at his chest all morning? "Then at least button your shirt." The words were out before she realised how that sounded.

The disappointment in his eyes vanished and a sexy twinkle took its place. The twinkle brought out the gold flecks in his irises, which she used to admire so much.

"Why?" he asked. "Does it bother you?"
She glared at him. "Don't go there.”

“Boy trouble, huh?"
"Boy catastrophe is more like it. I'm not sure I can do this."
"Do what?" Concern sounded in Holiday's voice.
"Do Lucas," Kylie said.
Holiday made a funny face and raised one eyebrow.”

C.C. Hunter
“Take some very deep breaths," Miranda said. "Relax. Concentrate. Then envision a frosty six-pack and wiggle your pinky."
A frosty six-pack. Kylie inhaled. He held out her pinky, and right then Della chimed in. "We are talking a six=pack of soda, not a cold guy with good-looking abs, right?"

There was a strange kind of sizzle in the air. And suddenly appearing in front of the refrigerator was a shirtless, shivering guy with great abs. His blue eyes studied the three of them in complete bafflement.

"What the...!" he muttered.
Kylie gasped.
Miranda giggled.
Della snorted with laughter.”

C.C. Hunter
“Holiday leaned her elbows on her desk. "You can't find one thing that points to his guilt."
"He slept with your sister!" Burnett roared.
"Guilty of murder, not of being a piece of shit.”

C.C. Hunter
“I've dug so deep into his background, I can practically tell you when he stopped waring diapers.”

C.C. Hunter
“The stupid vamp just asked me to marry him. Here, now? As if looking like I just died is how I wanted to be proposed to."
Joy did a lap around Kylie's heart. "And you said?"
Holiday took a sip of water. "I asked him if we couldn't just live together in sin."
"And?"
"He told me it wouldn't be a good example to our students. So...I agreed to marry him." She pushed a hand against her forehead. "Dear God, what am I getting myself into?”

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Cailey I totally agree with you on everything! All my books are coming out in October to.

I really want miranda and Perry to get together. I love them.

I can't really decide who i want Kylie to end up with I love them both but your'e right about Derek being a bit of a jerk sometimes.

And I hate how they left us hanging in the end! Who was the ghost????? I really hate how I have to wait that long to find out!

Jasmine SEE I knew someone else was feeling the same way I was !!!! All I have to do is wait until the release date and I'm getting it on my Nook.