Judi's Reviews > Autobiography of a Wardrobe

Autobiography of a Wardrobe by Elizabeth Kendall

Jun 23, 12

bookshelves: read-again, favorites, fashion
Read on June 22, 2012

This was not an easy book to read, but I was never tempted to set it aside and I read it all in one day actually. This story of a personality evolving from the wardrobe's point of view was a great perspective. From the time we are young and made to do and be a certain way...through all the painful changes that growing up brings and we are thinking and acting on our own and reaping the rewards or consequences. The book really brings home the message that life is constant changes for good or bad or just different. The quiet message of staying in shape to handle life as best we can is delivered only once in actual words, thank you. I think that makes it all the more powerful for not harping on it. I really wasn't sure what to expect of this book, but the title and idea attracted me. What I got was a travelogue, personal diary, and history of fashion with other bits and pieces thrown in as needed. I loved it and will certainly read it again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Autobiography of a Wardrobe.