Violetta Vane's Reviews > The Pride of Chanur

F 50x66
Jun 22, 12

bookshelves: science-fiction
I own a copy

A start to one of best-imagined aliens in a science fiction series ever. This is some deep anthropological stuff, with a fantastic consideration of gender, and it's as fun and action-packed as it is conceptually dense. I've reread this quite a few times.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Pride of Chanur.

oceankitty I love C.J. Cherryh! The first book I read in english was by her. Back then I wasn't very good at it so I had to read the book three times before I understood the plot. *OL* Now I recognize this book ( Cuckoo's Egg) as the forerunner to the Foreigner series.

Violetta Vane She packs a LOT in her prose. I'm a native English speaker and I sometimes have to read the books three times too!

oceankitty I know! There's a lot going on between the lines isn't there? Imagine me sitting there with my dictionary trying to spell my way through it. Not the best author to start with but how was I to know? I was hooked though. This was back in 1986, and I've been following her faithfully ever since.