Johanna Bouchard's Reviews > Cameron's Court

Cameron's Court by Daniel Amory

Jun 22, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: reviewed

This book follows Cameron over the course of a single day, the anniversary of his father's death, as he struggles to find meaning and purpose in life. At 18 years old, he stands on the great precipice of adulthood, not knowing what he wants to make of himself, or how he wants to be remembered. He travels the streets of Chicago, meeting old friends, and making new ones, as he tries to come to terms with his future and to make sense of the world around him.

This book reminded me quite a bit of The Catcher In The Rye, with the continuous, streaming thoughts of the protagonist, confused, manic, with a pressing sense of urgency. It's somehow impossible to set the book down for fear of interrupting this, and I finished it in one setting. I would venture to say that if you enjoyed The Catcher, you will most likely enjoy this book as well, which I honestly did. It's exactly the kind of book that gets you thinking about the little things in life, the little moments that you share with people, and how they just may be more meaningful than you think.

I have received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cameron's Court.