Courtney's Reviews > Small Town Protector

Small Town Protector by Hope White

Jul 03, 2012

bookshelves: christian, christian-suspense, clean-romance
Read from June 22 to July 03, 2012

The idea of being a FBI special agent or any law enforcement personnel for that matter is a pretty risky job. Not only are you putting yourself in danger repeatedly but there are times when the life of your family is threatened also. Garrett Drake is dealing with the aftermath still after years ago when he had to send his family away to witness protection and they never got back together again. His wife moved on and his son wants nothing to do with him. As soon as danger is hovering over his son once again, agent Drake doesn’t hesitate to step-up and protect him. In the process he is lucky to meet a wonderful young lady named Lana.

Hope White does a terrific job of drawing the reader in to the story about Garrett, his son and his new love interest Lana. You can’t help but to feel bad for how Garrett lost his family and the struggles he is dealing with to heal those broken relationships. Then there is determined Lana. Lana insists that Garrett can heal the past relationships that he has damaged, plus catch the killer that seems to be taunting him, and build a relationship with herself. She won’t take no for an answer and her motivation is what’s keeping Garrett going.

Just like in all these Love Inspired books there is spiritual message that goes along with the story. I found the spiritual aspect of this book pretty mellow, which is always my preference. Hope gives us just enough to love the growth God is doing in their lives but it is never over-bearing. Garrett’s biggest struggle is learning that God is in control and not him. He just needs to learn to forgive himself and let God heal his family and protect those he loves.

Small town protector is an easy, quick read that will satisfy your hunger for a little romance, some suspense and a good old’ happy ending! I easily devoured this book and always look forward to more by this talented author! I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys Inspirational Romance and Suspense.

I received a copy of this book to read and review from the author. My review is not biased by the fact that I was given this book. I HONESTLY read and review any book whether bought or given to me. If I did not like the book I would definitely not give a rave review or recommend it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Small Town Protector.