Sarah's Reviews > Lord of Vengeance

Lord of Vengeance by Tina St. John

Jun 22, 12

bookshelves: historical-scottish
Read in June, 2012

I love Ms. Adrian's Midnight Breed series, so when I saw her early releases on sale at Amazon, I rushed to buy as many as I could find. I wasn't sure what order everything should be read in, and this one was up first on my kindle so it was my first. I was shocked when I found out this was her first publication, her first manuscript even!! This is a fantastic novel, and made even more so by the knowledge that it was a debut!

I won't re summarize, but let me say that I really enjoyed this love story between Gunnar and his "lamb" (and this was waaayy before Twilight so it's much sweeter here!)

There were a few obvious cliches - the villain, the villain's henchman, the reunion - but overall, it was a well done book with well done characters. Each of them, even the secondary ones, had a personality and life in them. I especially loved Alaric.

There were some very tender moments here along with some very spicy ones, and some that were a fanastic mix of both (I'm thinking of the 2nd pond scene here).

This was the best book I've read in awhile, barring Lothaire, so I'm grateful to Ms. Adrian for pulling me out of the reading dumps, and I can't wait to get started on the next one on the list!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lord of Vengeance.