Carly's Reviews > It

It by Stephen King

Jul 10, 12

bookshelves: 2012-book-list
Read from June 22 to July 06, 2012

update: done. Thankfully.

I am 70% of the way through this, and I am flagging big time. King is a master storyteller, he truly sees a story in every moment. The problem is no one can endure reading every single in depth-story about every second of every day when many of these stories do not relate to the plot, or to anything at all. King cannot just tell us that some kids ate some beans. He has to tell us the chapter-long back-story of why those beans are particularly significant to a minor character who has very little to do with the plot himself.

That is what an editor is for, to help the writer keep loosely to the story. I need someone to convince me that it is worth reading this until the end because the first third of this book was really good.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It.

Gops That's one of my main problems with King. I think I've only ever finished two of his books, It and Insomnia. It I actually rated highly purely because it has a soft spot in my heart thanks to nostalgia but the way he always goes on and on and on and freaking on about every tiny little thing bores me to absolute bloody tears.

Carly I knoooow but his writing was pretty tight in this novel. I just found his obsession with farts a bit tedious sometimes :P