Aimee's Reviews > Eat to Live: The Revolutionary Formula for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss

Eat to Live by Joel Fuhrman

F 50x66
Jun 22, 12

Read in June, 2012

I read this book becauase I had heard that it was good for people with auto-immune disorders, which I have a few.
I have to say, as a person who thoroughly researched vegetaranism about 15 years ago I knew most of the information in the book already but had forgotten some of the key/crucial elements of eating well.

My entire family has been following the diet for about three weeks now. The first two weeks I was down 7 lbs. I have a significant amount of weight to loose and I have tried pretty much everything so I was skeptical to say the least. You're not hungry at all because of the large amounts of fiber and nutrients you're getting. We do about 90% fresh fruits and veggies and maybe 10% "other" stuff and it seems to be working well. My hubby who doesn't have much weight to loose has seen an improvement in that stubborn belly fat. My kids behavior is improving as well. I have to also say that this comes from a family that was eating clean about 80% of the time but had gotten into the bad habit of going to fast food again.

Not for the person who is uncommitted to seeing a change in their overall lifestyle and health. It takes work, a lot of work, and time to get used to eating this way. But I do have to say that its worth it!!
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eat to Live.