Eileen's Reviews > Until There Was You

Until There Was You by Kristan Higgins

Jun 22, 12

Read in June, 2012

Oh my was this such a good book! I loved it! She had me crying and laughing out loud and had the biggest grin at the end. I mean I wanted it to never end. KH did a fantastic job developing Liam and Cordelia as characters that were so easy for me to love, hate at times(the young Liam), cheer for and cry for during those tough times. KH loves to make her heroines a little quirky and that is fine with me. That makes them more believable and easier to relate to for me. When Cordelia has the worst possible birthday ever she mentally ticks off a checklist in her head that sometimes I find myself doing to assess how bad her life is and if she can go on. Cordelia was living with real life issues, with her being adopted and 'sibling' rivalry with her cousin, to finding the right guy for her. I love her spirit when she continued to play softball even if she never got a hit. that is one gutsy lady to kep going after 4 years and not get discouraged.
Liam not easy to like in the beginning but he turned himself around in my books. I loved his overprotectiveness with his daughter Nicole. He did go a little overboard but he does remember being the bad boy in HS and he KNOWS what they are thinking. I'd be scared to if I wanted to date his daughter. He got it together by the end and absolutely floored me with the ending. Sweet!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Until There Was You.