Natasha's Reviews > The Reluctant Suitor

The Reluctant Suitor by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss

Jun 22, 12

it was ok
Read on June 22, 2012

First off, I haven't finished this novel. I never stop half way through a novel, or at least not very often, but this one just seemed to loose my interest. I have to make it clear that it pains me to say I don't like a novel, mostly because I appreciate all writings. Just sometimes there's too much or not enough information, confusing or not steady plots, too much characters being introduced at once or it's just been done many times before. This one is the former. Too much information. I'm on page 253, which is half way through and it's only just getting interesting enough to make me want to read on. I kept feeling that the next page was going to pick up, but it never did.

I truly feel if the first 250 odd pages were put into maybe 100 or 150 pages, then it would have been much more fun and interesting to read. It's not often I say I want a book shorter, the more the merrier.. but for a historical romance novel that's 580 pages long.. it just seems a bit much.

I'm not saying I didn't enjoy all of what I read. I liked the characters and the writing was well written, it just lacked something to make it a great read.
Will I keep on reading? Yes. Will it be very soon, perhaps, perhaps not. I think I'm going to need to be in a certain mood to get back into it.

Who knows, when I re-read or finish this novel, I may have a new opinion on it. If you never see a review on this again, then you know my views haven't changed. If you do, then it would have been better the second time around. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Reluctant Suitor.