Wendy Cantu's Reviews > Eat Slay Love

Eat Slay Love by Jesse Petersen

Aug 24, 12

bookshelves: dont-judge-me-guilty-pleasures, fearless-females, favorites, supernatural, horror, zombies, women-authors
Read from June 22 to 24, 2012

Somewhere between the novel version of a campy B horror movie and AMC’s The Walking Dead exists Jesse Peterson’s Living With The Dead series (containing three books – Married with Zombies, Flip This Zombie and Eat Slay Love – and I swear I saw another one coming out but now I can’t. Pants are sad.).

Married, bickering Seattleites Sarah and David are heading for the big “D.” Six months of counseling has done nothing to bring them together – aside from co-snarking about the suspiciously perfect couple (The “Wonderful Wilsons”) with the appointment before Sarah and David. That is, until they walk in on their counselor dining on the Wilsons and must put the bickering aside and bash in their counselor’s skull before they become dessert.

Before all news and outside communication cease, Sarah and David learn an experiment-gone-wrong at the University of Washington (WSU fans, feel free to gloat) unleashed a plague turning people into mindless beings with an insatiable craving for human flesh. For lack of an official term (which is hard to find when everyone involved has been infected), they’re zombies.

To stay alive, Sarah and David must bury their problems and fight off the creatures before they, too, become the walking dead. Really, the plot wasn’t so much about about their rekindled relationship as it was about figuring out how to survive the zombie apocalypse. They just sort of became one kick@$$ zombie-fighting team in the process.

I reviewed the entire series in one blog, so instead of posting it all here and potentially ruining things for people who haven't read the next books, you can read it at TheRekindledReader.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eat Slay Love.