Charly's Reviews > Les Liaisons Dangereuses

Les Liaisons Dangereuses by Pierre Choderlos de Laclos

Jul 04, 12

Recommended for: Classics fans
Read from June 22 to July 03, 2012

This is an "interesting" work crafted through a series of letters between and amongst a group of people who seem to have at best a vague distinction between love and sex, love and conquest, love and sex and victory. When everyone seems to be out for their own satisfaction and are wont to use anyone on the way both offenders and innocents it gets a bit stale when the same purposes tend to use up character after character. I think this would have been far more entertaining in the hands of Moliere for the inability to see that one who indicates they are helping you when they are in truth serving their own purposes abounds, could have been a wonderful farce, but as it is a mediocre read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Les Liaisons Dangereuses.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jackie "the Librarian" This seems like an odd choice of reading for you, Charly.

Charly In my Litwit Lounge group I started a challenge to read 12 classics by 12/12. In so doing I am trying to visit a number of different authors and in a couple of cases reading classics that were force fed in HS that I really needed to re-read to appreciate.