Jenn's Reviews > Awakening

Awakening by Karice Bolton

Jun 22, 2012

it was ok
Read on June 22, 2012

Hmmm being the first of the series I thought it was more about character building. I think so many words were used to describe the surroundings rather thAn feelings. I found that each scene didn't feel as engaging as it could've been. The love they have for each other I know is great but I didnt feel it.

And there could have been a deeper reason for Athen to make Ana wait for their much awaited love making than just because he wanted it to be later rather than sooner. Maybe he was waiting for some great memory for her to remember first making it RIGHT. I don't know I just over think it I guess. but I also thought that there could have been more to the mystery of it all. So I was disappointed with that.

I don't like Athen calling Ana sweetie or sweetheart. Makes him sound like her father or grandfather. Anyway, that's just me.

I also thought the ending was lackluster. I mean the part that Athen was about to die was good in fact, the only moment I actually felt something. But then, right after that it felt dull. That's it? That's all they did?? Yeah not my fave ending. It could have been more painful, dramatic, hopeful..

The excerpt for Legion starts so much better though.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Awakening.

06/22/2012 page 102
32.0% "I'm not much for ogling over hot men... So I really don't like this part of the book. The dialogue I think is cheesy at times but most often its exactly what normal people would say. So I have mixed emotions."
06/22/2012 page 119
37.0% "I think the first attack could have been more descriptive so the reader can feel the fear of Ana intensified. After all, it was a demon attacking her and not human. And that sort of attack is the kind that every girl dreads happening to them."