Tee loves Kyle Jacobson's Reviews > Ask the Passengers

Ask the Passengers by A.S. King

Jul 09, 2012

bookshelves: 2012-must-reads, around-the-world-arc-tours
Read from June 22 to July 01, 2012

Ask The Passengers is a book I will keep with me for a long while. I want to thank Around The World ARC Tours for allowing me to read this ARC copy. This book caught my eye in April while I was blog cruising and I decided after reading the blurb and seeing the cover it was a must read. The book does not come out until October 23, 2012.

Astrid Jones is a shy girl who sends her love up the sky to the passengers on the planes. See Astrids life is a little complicated because her mother doesn't pay attention to her and her father is always high on weed and her sister is to busy trying to be Miss Popular at school. She is all alone except for the one person she loves. The one person she feels will understand her in a way no one else will.The only problem is it's a girl named Dee.

Astrid likes Dee and they are dating but she has no one to talk to about Dee and being a lesbian. She lives in Unit Valley which is a small community and they as all small communities go they are not accepting of Astrid and her life style. She has no one to talk to so she thinks she is a lesbian but she is not sure. She has two best friends Kristina and Justin. The town thinks they are a couple but they are hiding something from everyone. Dee wants Astrid to come out of the closet and acknowledge she is a lesbian but Astrid is not so sure she is a lesbian. She likes boys and she likes girls but she is not so sure what she is and what she wants to be.

Astrid has to find herself before she comes out claims she is something she is not. What is a teen girl supposed to do when she has no one she can trust with the most crucial question of her life. Will she become Lesbian or will this be a phase she is going through? Will she find someone she can trust to talk to things about? Will she be able to send love to the passengers on the planes? Come along for a story of a life time and find out what it means to love and not be sure who to give your love.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ask the Passengers.