ElaineY's Reviews > Faith & Fidelity

Faith & Fidelity by Tere Michaels

Oct 21, 08

bookshelves: mm, cops-sherrifs-p-i-and-firemen
Read in October, 2008

Ok, I was going to give this just 1 star because after so many pages filled with the apprehensions of the two men (it's Novel Plus length), that is all the book is. There's not even "full-length" sex - just a few BJs and coming in their hands. Both sex and romance are sacrificed to fill page after page with the men's ambivalence towards their relationship.

I settled for 2 stars instead of just one because the issues Matt and Evan deal with are altogether too real - how do you handle telling your children you're in love with a man? But I couldn't give more than 2 stars because I DID buy a romantic fiction, not a non-fictional account of a formerly-straight couple's struggle with homosexual feelings. As a result, I felt terribly cheated when the story ended with just Matt and Evan deciding to play it one day at a time as far as handling Evan's family is concerned.

Loose Id should have categorized this story as a 'gay fiction' the way 'women's fiction' is distinct from 'romance' then I would have known what I was buying.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Faith & Fidelity.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adjoa (new) - added it

Adjoa Q Ow really? Not gonna read it then. Cos i love me some hot gay sex!

Maverickgirl31 I felt like it should have come with a warning...nobody goes all the way. Even the one night stand was a disappointment.

ElaineY Maverickgirl31 wrote: "I felt like it should have come with a warning...nobody goes all the way. Even the one night stand was a disappointment."

I've read books with no, or very little, sex and loved them because the romance (or plot, in general) was engrossing. Not so here, and six (!) years down the line, whenever I stumble on this title I still wonder why the author wrote this the way she did.

Maverickgirl31 Oh...it wasn't the amount of sex that bothered me per se...it was the length of book combined with all the angst that suggested something might happen and then nothing happened. Even to the point of the want to see them actually have sex? Deposit 8 dollars. I wasn't that in love with the story to want to read the rest of the series.

ElaineY Maverickgirl31 wrote: "Oh...it wasn't the amount of sex that bothered me per se...it was the length of book combined with all the angst that suggested something might happen and then nothing happened. Even to the point o..."

Give the second book, Love & Loyalty, a try. My review says I liked it though I can't recall a thing (read it back in '09!).