Petra's Reviews > Lonely Souls

Lonely Souls by Karice Bolton

Jul 09, 12

bookshelves: witches, new-adult, for-review
Read from June 22 to July 09, 2012

This was an enjoyable read, especially because there were some new things I haven't read about in any other books. First of all, the concept of lonely souls; something that can be found in different religions and/or beliefs.
Then the way magic was portrayed here. It was a mix of what witches/Wiccans practise now and the magic that is often found in fantasy books like Harry Potter. Quite interesting and original.
I also liked the attention the author paid to all the herbs and their meanings.

When it comes to characters, Triss was quite likeable. I enjoyed her stubbornness and bossiness, but her ability to be still kind and caring.
What I appreciated about Logan was his slight inclination to the dark side, it made him more complex and believable. And in general, I liked the darker tone this book sometimes had.

The story was quite heavy on romance, which I didn't mind, but I would probably prefer more mystery and background of the magic and witches in this series. However, I think we are going to learn more about that in the next book, which I'm surely going to read. Oh, and the last chapter was amazing! :)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lonely Souls.