Corinne's Reviews > Ashes, Ashes

Ashes, Ashes by Jo Treggiari

Jun 22, 12

bookshelves: young-adult
Read in June, 2012

Ever since the world fell apart, Lucy has had to make it on her own. All her own. As one of the terrifyingly few who survived a pandemic plague, Lucy's been able to make do, so far. As climate changes wreak havoc on the tiny sheltered life she's created, there is suddenly a new threat that leads her to make contact with an actual human being. And this interaction leads her down a path that turns her solitary world upside down and reminds her of what it is to be a part of a community - and the risks that involves.

So, I liked this well enough but it was a bit boring to me The love triangle was unique - with two girls and a boy instead of the opposite - but it just didn't play out very realistically for me. The entire climax and ending didn't really work for me either - I found myself skimming what should have been the most exciting scenes and things tied up a bit too nicely. I think that if you are a hard-core lover of the post-apocolypic/survival genre, there is enough different about the plot of the book that you won't feel like you wasted your time, I just didn't find myself dying to pick it up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ashes, Ashes.