Damali's Reviews > Wool Omnibus (Silo, #1)

Wool Omnibus (Silo, #1) by Hugh Howey

Jul 03, 12

bookshelves: dystopian-pa-zombies
Read from June 24 to July 03, 2012

Wool tells the story of a group of people living in an underground bunker with over 100 floors. Just talking about what's on the outside, or a desire for any change in their situation is considered treason, and may cause them to be sent for Cleaning. Cleaning is when the condemned person cleans the windows so the people can get a clearer view of the world outside. This series has Twilight Zone written all over it, and I'd be surprised if it doesn't end in a Twllight Zone-type fashion.

Wool One, 4.5 stars
A man who is still grieving for his wife who was sent out for Cleaning three years ago, decides to go for Cleaning himself. Through flaskbacks, we learn what led to this decision. This left me full of questions, but not in a bad way!

Wool Two, 4 stars

The elderly Mayor is interviewing for a job position that's opened up, and travels down 100 levels to interview a person who wants nothing to do with the job. We get to see what goes on and how they're able to survive living underground for so long.

Wool Three, 5 stars
A young woman searches for answers.

Wool Four, 5 stars

Wool Five, 4.5 stars
Don't forget to read the epilogue after the Q&A. I almost missed it. I don't know what I can say about Wool 5 that wouldn't be a spoiler of the previous books, so I won't say anything, except that I loved it!

Great worldbuilding, Hugh! Thank you!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wool Omnibus (Silo, #1).

06/24/2012 page 20
07/01/2012 page 150
28.0% "I would've been sent for a cleaning the first time I saw that view. I want to know what's out there and I want to know now!" 4 comments
07/01/2012 page 210
39.0% "Uh-huh! I knew it! I'm so smart. ;)"
07/01/2012 page 210
39.0% "OMG! I really Should take a break to eat something today. But I'm starting Wool 4 ASAP!!!"
07/02/2012 page 360
67.0% "ewww!!"
show 6 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Annemarie I need to get on this too! He's kinda local lolol

Damali I'm almost done with the first story. Loving it so far!!

message 3: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat I loved 1 and 2 but 3 lost me about halfway through. Will get back to it at some point!

message 4: by Regina (new)

Regina Kat, 4 is my favorite. Definitely get back to it! My husband just read all 6 and loved them. I was excited to share this with him.

message 5: by Regina (last edited Jun 28, 2012 09:16AM) (new)

Regina Damali, so glad you liked #1!

Damali I'll get back to this after I finish the Jax series! I'm a few chapters into 2.

Damali I'm starting the third story now. Did you find 3 confusing, or kind of boring, Kat?

message 8: by Regina (new)

Regina I know you aren't asking me but 3 was my least favorite.

Damali Aw, man. Really?
I don't know how much I'll read today. I've been itching to start Killbox. :)

message 10: by Regina (new)

Regina Back to killbox. :)

message 11: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen I have had the Wool books on my Kindle for so long. Thanks for the review...I may actually get to them now, they sound good.

Damali Yeah! The first story is only about 60 pages.