Rachel Thompson's Reviews > Sandcastle and Other Stories: The Complete Edition

Sandcastle and Other Stories by Justin Bog

Jun 21, 2012

Read in May, 2012

If you think you're in for a happy-go-lucky group of stories about unicorns and rainbows people, leave right now. These are dark stories, amazingly detailed and well-thought out, to the point that I found myself holding my breath to discover where Mr. Bog would take us next.

Yes, he's that good.

My favorite is the title story, Sandcastle, a seemingly quiet tale of mothers and daughters on the beach. And then it's not. And it haunts me in the kind of way that I've read it repeatedly, thinking "How did he do that?" Wow.

I encourage you to buy this collection, read it, reread it, give it to friends, share with the world the talent that is Justin Bog.

Rachel Thompson, author, A Walk in the Snark and The Mancode: Exposed, Founder, BadRedheadMedia
6 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sandcastle and Other Stories.

Quotes Rachel Liked

Justin Bog
“I don't correct her to let her know her backdoor wisdom yanks me deep into another country, where water runs uphill.”
Justin Bog, Sandcastle and Other Stories: The Complete Edition

message 1: by Anastacia (new)

Anastacia Oooh, you have piqued my interest. Dark, thoughtful stories? I'm in. Thanks for reviewing! I'm excited to read this. Have you read Amelia Gray? Amazing. She can make "The cat jumped over the brown dog" into a story you'll think about for months. Thx, Rachel!!

Justin Bog Hi Anastacia, I hope you fall for the stories in Sandcastle. And I thank you Rachel for your amazing review and thoughts, especially about the title tale.