Paul G's Reviews > Survivors

Survivors by Z.A. Recht

Jul 10, 12

Read from June 21 to July 10, 2012

After having had to wait seemingly FOREVER for the final book of this trilogy to be released, I wish the wait had been longer.

The story itself was good but NOT in the same vein as Z's previous works.

The trilogy was wrapped up well. But the ending felt forced and rushed....."kill 60% of the characters that we've been with through the previous books with no fanfair at ALL....and just send the rest on their way..."

I'm not sure how much of the story was fleshed out from Z.A.'s notes, but with the different writing styles of Z and Thom, I know if I tried, I'd be able to figure it out.

4 stars for the finish of the trilogy...but this was a disappointment overall.

I miss Z.A. Recht. We lost a major talent WAY to early in his career.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Survivors.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patrick (new) - added it

Patrick I was going to leave a witty comment solely based on your "after having to wait seemingly FOREVER" statement but then I continued reading and realized you knew he was dead.

Shinda Tenshi I am currently reading it,but yes..I can see what you mean. While Thom Brannan does a good job it is obvious that part of the book was written by him and not Z.A. Recht.

Paul G Shinda wrote: "I am currently reading it,but yes..I can see what you mean. While Thom Brannan does a good job it is obvious that part of the book was written by him and not Z.A. Recht."

I really hope I didn't spoil anything for you..personally, I HATE spoilers and try to not give any parts of the story away. I apologize whole-heartedly if I did

Shinda Tenshi Paul wrote: "Shinda wrote: "I am currently reading it,but yes..I can see what you mean. While Thom Brannan does a good job it is obvious that part of the book was written by him and not Z.A. Recht."

I really h..."

Don't worry, I have read a good part of it, and if I got spoiled it was my bad for checking reviews and comments freely :)