Mackenzie's Reviews > Wrecked

Wrecked by Anna Davies

Jul 28, 12

bookshelves: 2012, fantasy-sci-fi, did-not-finish, library, romance, fiction, young-adult
Read on July 28, 2012

I tried. I wanted to like this book, I really did. I was intrigued by the premise, ad the accident aspect was what made me go for it even though I usually stay far, far away from anything that resembles paranormal romance. But I just couldn't finish it.
The writing is horrible: run-on sentences, overuse of hyphens, even run-on sentences WITH hyphens that never complete the original thought. It was also just clunky, with definite consistency issues. There were just a lot of little annoying things: " dozens of floor-sweeping silk nightgowns of various lengths"... Come on. Floor-sweeping means they're all long enough to reach the floor... Sigh. Trivial, I know, but there were just so many things of that nature; it was really distracting.
The behavior towards Miranda is tiresome and unbelievable, as his everything about her grandmother. All the characters except Miranda and her brother are one-dimensional and annoying; I did like them, though, and they are the only thing keeping this from being one star. And don't even get me started on Christian...
All-in-all: a good premise, but really disappointing execution.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wrecked.

07/28/2012 page 111