Ryoma Gartre's Reviews > The Way Back

The Way Back by Carter Quinn

Sep 25, 13

bookshelves: cheaters, shallow-mc, cowboys, douchebag, family-issues, friends-to-lovers, sluts
Read in June, 2012

** spoiler alert ** 2.5 stars

This book showed promise, sadly by the end i didn't really give a fuck.

Eric was a shallow slut that didn't give a fuck about his brother happiness, he knew Jason loved Riley since forever and he knew they were dating when he called, and he still called, and when he told his poor sad story, like I fucked everything with a dick (all this while cheating on his wife)but I always loved you, yeah, riiight, and then when his pride his hurt by Riley calling Jason's name he takes all back and goes into slut mode again fucking another dude and when the dude's gone he actually fucks the dude's ex.

I liked Riley at first, then he turned into an asshole, and dumb to boot, it was almost like he wanted to fight with Jason to rage fuck with Eric, and then it was like Dang! I love your brother, I didn't give a fuck for him or Eric after this point, I almost wished Jason to go back with Shannon, sadly Shannon was a bigger asshole than Riley, and for the love of all what's holy, do you really want me to believe he never put two and two together and realized how Jason felt about him in college?

Jason seriously needed therapy so he could stop dating assholes and look for more healthy relationships.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Way Back.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Thanks for the spoilers. I'm 85 pages in and I find this book to be unsettling. I was going to push my way through it, but after reading your review I decided against it. Too much BS ahead.

Ryoma Gartre Yes, i know how you feel, I just finished because I wanted to know how it all wrapped up.

Riley messed up a lot and then went "ah, poor me."