D.C.'s Reviews > Hollywood Ever After

Hollywood Ever After by Sasha Summers

Jul 06, 12

Read from June 21 to July 06, 2012

ABOUT THE BOOK:
Happy Endings are for fairy tales. Or the movies. Not for real life. At least, not in Claire’s life. Even though she’s starting over, she knows better than to want too much this time. But when she falls, literally, into the strong arms of Hollywood’s ‘it’ boy Josh Wiley, Claire’s in for some surprises. Her plans for rest and relaxation are forgotten as one incredible night with Josh becomes two… And her heart begins to want him as much as her body. Will two kids, one bastard ex-husband, and Josh’s juggernaut career mean the end of their affair? Or can Claire find her happy ending after all?

REVIEW:
This was an interesting read. It’s written in the first person, which typically isn’t a good read for me but this one stood out. I think it stood out, not for the writing (although that was nice) but more so for the topic, the plot of the story. The plot surrounds something that could be considered touchy in today’s world but I believe Ms. Summers did a great job at relaying an important message. I enjoyed the build up and think the ending was perfectly placed.

The characters were great, I loved Josh and Claire and found myself following along in their building romance with ease. The sex scenes weren’t too much and the family time, the romance was spot on. I loved the secondary characters Ms. Summers brought to us and found myself loving each and every one of them as well.

The only problem I had with this book was pieces of the writing. It seems like a lot of it was fill in data, almost telling us things and I found extra words that didn’t make any sense or add to the sentence. Ms. Summers could have removed those extra words and made the book shine. Instead, I found myself frustrated by them at times.

Over all it really is an intriguing read and one that I will remember for years to come. I loved the message and enjoyed following the romance aspect of it. I give this 3.5 out of 5 stars. I look forward to watching Ms. Summer’s grow as a writer and watching this series play out.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hollywood Ever After.