Ryoma Gartre's Reviews > Branch of the Amazon

Branch of the Amazon by Joyee Flynn

** spoiler alert ** Ok, at first I was intrigued with the tree shifters idea, then I was totally sure I wasn't going to like it, in fact i almost dropped it, by the end I really liked it.

It was like merging normal situations like a new relationship and family acceptance, drug cartel with the fantasy world of shape-shifters, it was crazy but well managed and well blended, I liked how the drug cartel fight was managed, since there are a lot of writers who promises us a fight and it never actually happens, or there are other writers who's mc doesn't feel remorse, here it was well rounded.

As a warning to you all this story begins with mc having sex with non mc, but after that it's just mc/mc, BUT they stated they wouldn't have a monogamous relationship, so be warned.

I loved Bud, rarely a kid is written to my liking in a book, Bud was amazing, so full of innocence, life and curiosity, his scenes were some of the best.

The sex was ok, Branch was domineering, but he wasn't an asshole in a bdsm way, but I didn't skip those scenes and that says a lot given I skip most sex scenes in the books I read.

The world building is well done, I don't know if I will read the sequels it would depend about the monogamy mostly, Open relationships are a no-no for me, here they say they would have some kind of voyeur/open-relationship but it never happened so I was able to take the idea out of my brain.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Branch of the Amazon.

message 1: by LaShonta (new) - added it

LaShonta oh man, i don't like open relationships:(

Ryoma Gartre It doesn't really happen in the book, after the initial scene BEFORE the mcs got together there's only Branch/Seed, it is a good book and didn't gave me any real down feeling like other books ^^

message 3: by LaShonta (new) - added it

LaShonta Ryoma wrote: "It doesn't really happen in the book, after the initial scene BEFORE the mcs got together there's only Branch/Seed, it is a good book and didn't gave me any real down feeling like other books ^^"

i'll move it to my maybe pile. still not sure.