Mickey Reed's Reviews > Don't You Wish

Sep 29, 12

bookshelves: 2012, netgalley, ereader
Read from July 02 to 05, 2012

See full review here!

It took me a while to read this one. I set it aside for a bit to read something else and came back to it. I had to read quickly because I was annoyed most of the time with this one. It's an ARC, so it needs editing. A lot of it. I wasn't really a fan of the MC until maybe the middle of the novel. And I couldn't tell her age half the time. When she's with Ryder, some mature things are talked about, but then she seems younger the rest of the time. Maybe that's just me.

I will say that I liked the very last page a lot. It put a smile on my face. I was wondering how it would all work out, but I think Roxanne did it just right. I really liked Charlie, but I didn't like Annie/Ayla as much as I would have liked. She was kind of annoying with "knowing" stuff all the time. I'm glad that she was trying to make a difference, and hopefully she did make a big change at that school.

The story is creative, even if it's an old idea. It's a bit of a fresh take on it. I'd like to see what happens to everyone in the end. We only get one side of it. I wanted a bit more, even though this book is long enough. I would have preferred to read a finished copy though. Maybe that would help change my mind.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Don't You Wish.

07/02/2012 page 3
1.0% "Oh no she did not just insult Target.."
07/02/2012 page 51
14.0% "Not a huge fan so far.."
07/04/2012 page 151
41.0% "Putting this on hold for a bit."
07/04/2012 page 203
55.0% "Oy. The drama!"
07/05/2012 page 270
73.0% "Trying to get through this one. Annie doesn't seem the same age throughout the book."