Tien's Reviews > Seers of Light

Seers of Light by Jennifer DeLucy

Aug 01, 12

bookshelves: paranormal, blog-tour
Read from July 10 to 12, 2012

The beginning of the book was freaking me out. I’m kinda a scaredy cat. Well, okay, I am one. I don’t read Stephen King exactly for this reason. I can’t really say what freaked me out but suffice to say that Lilian Hunt saw things, some pretty scary things, that I thought, err… my initial impression of the book must’ve been wrong!

No fear, it soon changes as Lily was “retrieved” to learn who she truly is and the dark world surrounding her. She has a power which she needed to learn to control to be able to protect herself. Her mentor, William Maddox, is a controversy and not completely welcome in her new-found world. And yet, despite this prejudice, Lily found in him an able mentor, protector, and then… the man beneath.

What I really love about this book is the playful humorous dialogues. These dialogues feel so natural that I found myself actually smiling whilst reading (had to stop myself from chuckling or people on the train will look at me funny). The romance was breath-hitchingly hot, yet still has that tone of playfulness which was just so appealing & lovely. This was a pure pleasure read :)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seers of Light.