Sarah's Reviews > Easy

Easy by Tammara Webber

Jun 21, 12

What I liked: the general story was good, yet predictable. I basically finished the book in one sitting.... took me late (or should I say early) into the night (or day). I really did like the characters, which was surprising. They all had a some depth and weren't completely annoying. I also was happy with the witty banter between characters (something that I really appreciate, no matter how unrealistic some may think it is).

Ok.... so what I didn't like: I am just so frustrated and tired of young adults authors filling their books with vulgar language and sex scenes. I don't care how realistic some may argue it to be, and if realism is what the author is going for then maybe they should rethink all the over dramatized events that they write into their stories. It disappoints me to know that these authors (who I hope have a passion for literature) can't seem to provide their characters with a wider vocabulary or interests for that matter. What also disappoints me is that these books seem to glamorize a life of reckless sex and drinking. Believe it or not, there is more to life and those two things don't usually end with a perfect fairy tale ending as some may like to think.

I gave this two stars because there was a deeper message about rape/abuse and had characters that had actually gone through some terrible things and had come through it a better person.

I would definitely NOT recommend this book to a teen or young adult.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Easy.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new) - rated it 2 stars

Jen Amen! I feel the same way only you said it more eloquently in your review than I did in mine. Great review.