Kristyn's Reviews > Seriously... I'm Kidding

Seriously... I'm Kidding by Ellen DeGeneres

Jun 22, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Read in June, 2012

Ellen's book was the perfect balance of advice and jokes. It's an extremely light and easy read. I actually wasn't expecting it to be that easy of a read because I've never read any of her previous books, but I should've known since I've watched her show Ellen before. When reading her book, I begin to realize it's as if she's writing a chapter for a specific type of person reading it. Like for me it was this small paragraph that made me feel like she was speaking to me, personally:

"I feel bad for people with December birthdays because they have to deal with the combo gift. They are constantly hearing, 'This is for your birthday and Christmas! Happy birthmas!' A combo gift means you get one real gift and, if you're lucky, one extra thing your friend found while she was in the checkout line at Target. 'Oooh, a sweater and Krazy Glue?! Thanks!' 'Well, I know how much you love to glue stuff permanently! Merry birthday!'" (Ellen, pg 188)

From writing about her experiences as of Cover Girl to tips on yoga, life, and how to become a billionaire, Ellen inspires who ever is reading the book from moms, men, and children - yes she even includes pages to color and a story to read your son/daughter! It really has something for everyone. My favorite chapter was probably 'Letter to Mall Security' from pages 213-218. I'm telling you it will keep you laughing right to the last line!

While I enjoyed this book, it wasn't a difficult read, nor was it that intriguing, though I must admit it was hysterical and definitely gave good advice at times. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good laugh!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seriously... I'm Kidding.