Katy's Reviews > The Bandit King

The Bandit King by Lilith Saintcrow

Jul 09, 12

bookshelves: likely-getting-back-to

WTH? I'm not sure what's going on, but I'm hoping this is a political move on Vianne's part. I mean, who does that to their husband? And I thought Vianne was a bit of a dramatic ninny in Book 1, but I sort of forgave her for it because it worked. But Tristan is a bit of a girl himself. Not sure how much I'm liking that. Even the guard and Tris' parents are into the dramantics. Saintcrow, what are you doing to me?
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bandit King.

06/24/2012
15.0% "Okay, I thought Vianne was a bit of a dramatic ninny in Book 1, but I sort of forgave her for it because it worked. But Tristan is a bit of a girl himself. Not sure how much I'm liking that."
06/24/2012
16.0% "WTH? I'm not sure what's going on, but I'm hoping this is a political move on Vianne's part. I mean, who does that to their husband?"
show 3 hidden updates…

Deniz LOL! but you still luv me the most ;)

message 2: by Katy (new) - added it

Katy I don't think I'll be able to get very far today. And I had forgotten what a mouthful the language is.

Deniz only read about 50pages last night
agree the language thing is still very unpleasant!

message 4: by Katy (new) - added it

Katy Denizyildiz wrote: "only read about 50pages last night
agree the language thing is still very unpleasant!"

I only finished Chapter 1. Been pretty much working on my project all night. :(

Deniz hope the project is going well
xx

message 6: by Katy (new) - added it

Katy Denizyildiz wrote: "hope the project is going well
xx"

It's not, but thanks sweetie. :-*

Deniz damn. sorry. wish i could help.

message 8: by Katy (new) - added it

Katy Denizyildiz wrote: "damn. sorry. wish i could help."

LOL, it's all good. I'll finish the book tonight. Promise. :)

message 9: by Katy (new) - added it

Katy Okay, I lied. I can't wrap my brain around this language right now.

Deniz it the biggest let down of the book
i finished it. and actually like it better then the hedgewitch queen

message 11: by Butterfly (new)

Butterfly Thank God, I'm not the only one who had problem with that. I had to read sometimes twice or more to understand what the characters where talking about.

Deniz Butterfly wrote: "Thank God, I'm not the only one who had problem with that. I had to read sometimes twice or more to understand what the characters where talking about."

i think its a real pity, it would have been a 5star book for me otherwise...

message 13: by Katy (new) - added it

Katy Okay, I'm making another attempt because I just know this story is going to be great. Sigh, I need Cliff/Spark notes or maybe just a translator. :P

message 14: by Katy (new) - added it

Katy Ugh! Book is pissing me off!

message 15: by Butterfly (new)

Butterfly book whent down the toalett, huh?

message 16: by Katy (new) - added it

Katy Butterfly wrote: "book whent down the toalett, huh?"

No, but the way Vianne is treating Tristan is stupid!

message 17: by Butterfly (new)

Butterfly Hmm, treating Tristan how? I have no intention of reading this book, the language was too much for me, so just tell!

message 18: by Katy (new) - added it

Katy Butterfly wrote: "Hmm, treating Tristan how? I have no intention of reading this book, the language was too much for me, so just tell!"

Hmmm... I could have sworn I saw that you finished it. LOL, my mind is playing tricks on me again. Maybe it was the stupid language that has my vision swimming. :P

message 19: by Butterfly (new)

Butterfly It could be that and I read the first book. English isn't my first language, so when I read Hedgewitch Queen I'll tell you I had HUGE problem understanding.

message 20: by Katy (last edited Jun 25, 2012 03:26PM) (new) - added it

Katy Yeah, I think I just really need to find a few hours where I can shut myself away from the world and read this book in one sitting. Because every time I start it up again, it takes me a while to get used to the language again.

message 21: by Butterfly (new)

Butterfly go ahead and do that

message 22: by Katy (new) - added it

Katy Butterfly wrote: "go ahead and do that"

LOL, are you giving up?

message 23: by Butterfly (new)

Butterfly Katy wrote:
LOL, are you giving up?"

don't challenge me, woman...I really don't wanna read this one :(

message 24: by Katy (last edited Jun 27, 2012 04:12AM) (new) - added it

Katy Butterfly wrote: "don't challenge me, woman...I really don't wanna read this one :("

LOL!!! It wasn't a challenge. Just a question. Am I really that bad? LOL. And I know how you feel. I just KNOW this is going to be a good story, but every time I pick it up, I get so fed up with the language. I have no idea how I got through Book 1.

message 25: by Butterfly (new)

Butterfly You said giving up, I don't give up...I even finished Tither.(the worst book I've ever read, Mitch didn't even get past chaper one) so I usually take that as a challenge, but since you said it isn't I'll breathe again, lol

But back to the point if this books language is wors than the first then I'm so NOT reading it, so thank you for helping my doubt katy