Lexie's Reviews > Her Forgotten Betrayal

Her Forgotten Betrayal by Anna DeStefano

Jun 21, 2012

bookshelves: ebooks-owned-read
Read on June 30, 2012

Prelim Review: Part of the new 'Dead Sexy' line of books from Entangled, HER FORGOTTEN BETRAYAL caught my eye because DeStefano previously wrote another book I enjoyed (DARK LEGACY) and Entangled by in large doesn't let me down in terms of writing or content.

To get the bad out of the way, I guessed who the mysterious stalker was pretty quickly. This isn't a fault on DeStefano's part, but more because this is a very 'closed room' sort of book. After the opening scene at her office and then the hospital, the book stays firmly at either the Mansion where Shaw was recuperating at or the woods surrounding it. Its remote, only the FBI, Cole, and Shaw know where she's at (presumably). The few times we 'see' through the stalker's eyes it becomes very apparent that this person knows Shaw personally and knows the house as well. It narrows the list down in a hurry.

DeStefano's handling of the stalker gets glossed over a bit, especially the history and how this person was able to basically run roughshod over Shaw's business for quite some time. And I wasn't convinced as to the events that happened so long ago, why this person would make a bigger deal out of it.

Full Review to be posted at Poisoned Rationality
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Forgotten Betrayal.

03/11/2014 marked as: books-owned-read