Alex Murphy's Reviews > Searching for Dragons

Searching for Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede

Feb 19, 2015

bookshelves: inventory, unicorn-dragon-wrede-levine, loved
Read from August 30 to September 03, 2013

This series is wonderful, still makes me smile and laugh even though I have read it to tatters. The King of the Enchanted Forest, the forest where every fairytale takes place has discovered that part of his lush and incredibly green forest has been burned to ashes and the magic of the area has been sucked dry.

His simple walk into the woods has become a quest to help out our favorite princess Cimorene. We get to see Morwen again, and Telemain. Many fun references to older fairytales, and new thoughtful twists to the classics.

Great fast fun reading that I still love for girls fifth grade on up and perhaps boys will like this one since it's from the King's perspective.

----------------------------------------=============================

This series is one that I apparently crave, it is sweet, and makes my nostalgia act up. I love how Wrede is able to create an entire world in such a small series. If she kept going with this and did books about heroes and villains, and continued with her skewing of the classic fairy tale I would be so happy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Searching for Dragons.

08/30/2013 marked as: currently-reading