Maldivianbookreviewer's Reviews > Tempting the Best Man

Tempting the Best Man by J. Lynn

4201191
Tempting the Best Man by J. Lynn is the type of story that I love to indulge myself in. It was fast paced with enough heat to melt me in the right places and I loved the heady feelings that coursed through me as I read along.

Madison Daniels is the youngest and the only girl in the Daniels family. 28 year old Chase Gamble is the best friend of her only brother Mitch and the love of her life. Though Chase has always kept his distance from Madison except for that one time when he slipped a bit, Madison knows she has to accept the fact that Chase may never reciprocate her feelings towards him.

It is her Mitch’s wedding that brings the whole family together with the 3 Gamble brothers in attendance. When by a quirky twist of fate Chase and Madison are thrown together under the most ‘trying’ circumstances, that legendary control of Chase by which he abides by when it comes to Madison crumbles away, leaving him vulnerable to all those feelings he harbors for Madison which he continues to deny.

The passion that bursts forth between Madison and Chase is of the red-hot variety and of the toe-curling kind and I couldn’t get enough of how Chase goes from assuming that nonchalant facade of his to being almost brought down to his knees in a matter of seconds. There is nothing sexier than a man who is all growly and uber-possessive when it comes to the woman he desires above everything else and Chase was certainly ALL that and more!

Madison’s character was such an appealing one too! She is the type of heroine that you love right from the very start and root for and cheer on, on her quest towards her ultimate happily ever after. Madison’s understanding of Chase’s character and how he views himself doesn’t stop her from staying true to what she believes in. And that was one reason why I loved Madison’s character so much!

Though the ending felt a bit rushed to me, Tempting the Best Man is the kind of story I would recommend for anyone looking for a quick, hot and fun read to curl up with when you really want to indulge and keep the real world at bay for a couple of hours.

Rating=4/5

Original review posted on MBR's Realm of Romance
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempting the Best Man.

Quotes Maldivianbookreviewer Liked

J. Lynn
“Those lips had curved into a knowing half smile that did funny things to her insides. And like a match tossed to gasoline, her body sparked alive and flames licked every inch of her.”

J. Lynn
“His lips hovered over hers.
“No,” he snarled.
Madison wasn’t sure to whom he was talking, but then his mouth was crushing hers, and her world became him—the touch and feel of his lips pressing down, forcing hers to respond. It wasn’t a gentle kiss or a sweet exploration. It was angry and raw, breathtaking and soul burning. Right now, she didn’t want gentle. She wanted hard and fast, him and her, on the floor, even the bear rug, both of them naked and sweating.”

J. Lynn
“She tried to swallow, to take a breath, but her eyes met his, and there was nothing but aching intensity in his gaze. And she was drawn in, swept away.”

J. Lynn
“He dipped his head, placing his mouth to the space below her ear. He nipped her there, just a tiny bite that sent a wave of heat through her veins. And then his lips moved lower, leaving a hot trail behind. “You drive me insane, absolutely freaking insane. Do you know that? I bet you do.”

J. Lynn
“Don’t stop,” she whispered. “I want to feel you inside me.”
“I couldn’t stop now, even if I wanted.” He kissed her, marking her with all the passion and yearning she had felt for so long. “I need this. Damn it, I need you.”
And then he plunged into her with one deep stroke.”

Comments (showing 1-4)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Cari Quinn Yay! One of my very favorite reviewers is back! Great review...I loved this one too! :D

Keren Is it very smutty?

Maldivianbookreviewer Cari wrote: "Yay! One of my very favorite reviewers is back! Great review...I loved this one too! :D"

Aww! Now I know that I have truly been missed!! Yep, loved this book! <3

Maldivianbookreviewer Keren wrote: "Is it very smutty?"

Nope! Not very smutty :-)