Gagandeep's Reviews > We Beat the Street: How a Friendship Pact Led to Success

We Beat the Street by Sampson Davis

U 50x66
Oct 28, 08

Never in my life have I been inspired to succeed in my life after reading a book, but after reading " We Beat The Street", this completely changed. This book included a plethora of reasons of why someone should read it, but for me, the actual struggles that these three individuals faced, was a prominent reason of why I enjoyed this book.In fact, I finished this book in one sitting, because of the emotion that is compacted through the plot line of the story.
Growing up in Newark, New Jersey, three men named George Jenkins, Rameck Hunt, and Sampson Davis, faced adversities an myriad of times, all that reminded them of what potential they had, in the future. These dilemmas included violence, drug dealing, and even robbery. All three of these people faced time in jail, but they did not let this encumber the true educational talent they did posses.
After meeting each other in High School, these three instantly hit it off, becoming friends as a result. Together, they supported each other to get a High School degree. One day, after deciding to cut class, George, Rameck, and Sampson ran into the principal, who directed them to the gym, were an event was taking place, that would alter their lives forever.
As they entered the gym, the were enticed by the speaker. Turns out that this person was the dean of the Medical Program at Seton Hall University. George automatically knew that this was the chance of a lifetime. After what seemed like an eternity, George encouraged his friends to enter the program with him, and at that point, their future seemed illuminated.
Remarkably, they were all selected to enter the program. With the help of each other, Sampson Davis, George Jenkins, and Rameck Hunt because successful doctors. These three represent that dreams can come true, no matter what background you come from.
Undoubtedly, I would recommend this book to readers looking for an inspiration in life, to motivate them. Also, anyone who needs encouragement can read this book, as it leaves a positive message to the reader. This book can be read by readers of all ages, and I believe everyone who has the opportunity to read this book, have the responsibility to read this book.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read We Beat the Street.

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 2: by Ibanca (new)

Ibanca i really like ur review of we beat the street. i agree it was pretty inspirational.

message 1: by Harsh (new)

Harsh awesome book, thnx for tellin me to read it!