Kaylin's Reviews > Star Wars Allegiance

Star Wars  Allegiance by Timothy Zahn

Jul 05, 12

bookshelves: owned
Read from June 30 to July 04, 2012

This book was a great Star Wars fix. The story kept me interested all the way through, and there was enough of a cliff-hanger ending that I can't wait to read Choices of One.

Allegiance is set in an interesting time period; right between A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back. While Luke, Leia, Han and Chewbacca are all in it, the main focus is more around Mara Jade (Codename The Emperor's Hand) and a group of stormtroopers that call themselves The Hand of Judgment. Through a series a circumstances, these five stormtroopers are no longer welcome on the Star Destroyer Reprisal and decide to live a life in hiding. They just can't seem to keep from helping people everywhere they go, though, which makes hiding difficult.

Mara is really neat to see in this book because we get to know a little bit more about her history from her very own point of view. She is very, very good at what she does, which almost seems ridiculous for a girl of eighteen, but if I was raised by Palpatine, I bet I'd be a good secret Imperial agent, too. We also get to see how she doesn't really know what Palpatine is like because of how much she admires him, and she gets some interesting dialogue with Darth Vader.

Han and Leia are back to the way they were in the movies, each picking on the other just to see them annoyed. It's still fun in the later books when they're married, but this is even better.

Before I start writing a novel about how much I like this novel, let me just say that if you love Star Wars, you ought to read this.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Star Wars Allegiance.

07/01/2012 page 56
13.0% "Great so far. I'm loving learning more about Mara, and the stormtroopers are surprisingly neat characters."
07/03/2012 page 289
69.0% "Loving this book and wishing I had gotten it in hardcover. Classic, epic sci-fi at its finest."
show 3 hidden updates…