Aaron's Reviews > 11th Hour

11th Hour by James Patterson

1196851
Jun 21, 2012

Read in June, 2012

This series is my favorite one by Patterson. I just like the interplay between the four women who make up the club. I also think the characters read realisticly. Lt Lindsey Boxer finds herself on two different cases that are grabbing huge headlines in San Francisco ... all while being pregnant.

The first case is a series of murders in which someone is clearly going after the city's drug dealers. The press has labeled the murdered Revenge, and both the Homicide and Narcotic squads are a sign to get to the bottom. Time is really of the essence as evidence shows that the gun being used in the murders was supposed to be in evidence at the station.

Lindsey's other case kicks off when a woman working for a local actor who had been previously accused of murdering his missing wife finds a series of skulls on his property. They are quickly identified as being female and span a series of years. Could the skulls provide the answer to his missing wife. How many other skulls are on the property, and where are the bodies?

Lindsey turns to her friends (reporter Cindy, Assistant DA Yuki, and Medical Examiner Claire) for help. While this one isn't a race against time, there is no shortage of interesting characters involved.

While balancing all of this, Lindsey is also confronted with the possibility that her husband might be cheating on her with an old flame.

Lindsey seems to be a bit on the reactionary side in this edition to the series. She blames it on hormones from the pregnancy, but I just think that she is being mean at times. With that said, it is still enjoyable.

The ending of all three situations seems to have resolutions that are a bit rushed, but they do work.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 11th Hour.

message 1: by Anik (new) - rated it 1 star

Anik This is your favorite over the Cross books? or favorite among the womens' murder club books? Just wondering.

Aaron Anik wrote: "This is your favorite over the Cross books? or favorite among the womens' murder club books? Just wondering."

It is a Woman's Murder Club, and I thought it was pretty good. I think the Cross books have been really flat lately. I don't know if they are coming out to quickly or Patterson has just told the story and needs to move on.