Ellen's Reviews > Camp

Camp by Elaine Wolf

Jun 21, 12

It was really hot last night. Without air conditioning, i didn't think I'd be able to sleep. About 11:00 p.m., lying on my bed under the ceiling fan, I picked up my copy of CAMP, opened it, and started reading. Two hours later, I finished.

I read a lot, but I bet the last YA book I read was with my own daughters, several long decades ago, so I'm no expert in this genre. And, as I expected, there was a simplicity of prose and plot. But there's nothing simple about the characters in this book, their actions, or their emotions. In addition, the well-rendered camp setting brought me back to my own camp experiences, and those of my daughters, enriching the story and adding an additional layer of thoughtfulness.

By the way, thanks to that ceiling fan and a very satisfying read, I slept just fine.

1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Camp.

message 1: by bookczuk (new) - added it

bookczuk Love YA books (make that well-written YA books) and am always on the search for books that will drag the grand-girls away from sparkly vampires. The good thing is that they are reading; the distressing thing is their taste in books.