Charlie's Reviews > Making Comics: Storytelling Secrets of Comics, Manga and Graphic Novels

Making Comics by Scott McCloud

Mar 20, 07

Recommended for: amputees

Scott McCloud is a genius. Nay, THE genius. Anyone even remotely interested in the psychology of storytelling should read this. The best way to make Non-comics folk hip to the importance of the form, even more so than his last two books (which also kill). Indispensable and amazing. And thanks to Junio, my copy is personalized to me by the man himself. Thanks, buddy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Making Comics.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Junio (new)

Junio You're welcome.

How is the latest volume of SATF going?

You should go to MoCCA festival this year, come on up to NYC and we can hang out.

Charlie Its turning into a monster. I'm at 30 pages and I think it'll stop somewhere just shy of forty, and I'm thinking of doing a tagalong mini of all the stuff I've edited out.
When is MoCCA, anyway?

message 3: by Junio (new)

Junio It's June 23-24 this year.

From the site:
MoCCA Art Festival 2007
June 23-24, 2007
Puck Building (293 Lafayette at Houston), New York City

Hours: 11:00am - 6:00pm

Admission is $8 each day / $10 weekend pass (weekend pass only $5 for MoCCA members)

Meet comics and cartoon artists! Four full ballrooms of cartoonists and publishers! Get sketches and autographs from Bill Sienkiewicz, Joe Staton, Paolo Rivera and others at the MoCCA Fundraising Sketch Table! Buy comics, comix, cartoons, graphic novels as well as prints and original artwork! Sit in on our always entertaining and educational panel sessions!