Cathy 's Reviews > The Man With the Golden Torc

The Man With the Golden Torc by Simon R. Green

Dec 07, 08

bookshelves: fantasy, paranormal, mystery, mythology, series-reminder, urban
Read in December, 2008

Overall, I liked this book very much. It was more substantive than his Nightside series (which I also like, but not quite as well). It wasn't quite as dark, also. It felt a bit more like a combo of the action in his Deathstalker space opera with the horror/dark fantasy of the Nightside books. More humor, a very likable protagonist and a fun new premise to explore. There were a few of his classic divergences into long descriptions of the weird creatures he's imagined without any real impact on the story. But overall it was fast-paced and a fun new take on the genre. I'm looking forward to reading the next in the series.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Man With the Golden Torc.

10/14/2008 page 50
12.72% "Guess on page because I'm listening in the car. Wish I was driving more, the book is very interesting so far."
10/17/2008 page 100
25.45% "Getting more interesting as the family is introduced and the central theme is coming to light. A more fully-fleshed book than the Nightside "
11/21/2008 page 200
50.89% "Almost done. It got more interesting. I was annoyed in the middle that there was a lot of pointless touring around the weirdos of London. It"