Mallory's Reviews > Ultraprevention : The 6-Week Plan That Will Make You Healthy for Life

Ultraprevention  by Mark Hyman

Jun 22, 12

bookshelves: audio-book, health-and-diet, non-fiction
Read from June 15 to 21, 2012, read count: 2

A patron at my library told me that his doctor suggested this book for him, and so I decided to read it for myself to see if this is a book I should be recommending to other patrons. I feel that the target audience is seniors, but I think that people in their 20s or 30s would benefit more from reading it. If the reader implements these lifestyle changes when they are still young, then they will likely lead longer and healthier lives. Rather than a 70 year old attempting to undo some of the damage and slow down the aging process. While it is never too late to get healthy, the earlier you start the better your results will surely be.

The 6 week plan does sound daunting and difficult. But the doctors say that even they don't follow it to a tee, and they don't expect anyone to. It is more of a guideline of suggestions to think about changing our lifestyles. Implement as many as you think you can handle, and by the end of the 6 weeks see how you feel. You will likely feel better in general, be physically and mentally healthier, and have lost some weight. Doctors Hyman and Liponis say that by the end of the 6 week plan you will likely feel so good that you will make these permanent changes.

I definitely recommend this book to anyone looking to lose weight, eat healthier, and slow down the aging process. After all the best medicine is prevention.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ultraprevention .