Hwa Sun's Reviews > Exiled

Aug 11, 12

did not like it
bookshelves: disliked, review, dnf

*Review is based on only the first 100 pages.*

WARNING: There may be a bit of ranting in this review. Please go away if you don't want to be offended. That is all. Read on at your own risk.

Gah... That took me forever to read.

Honestly, I really do believe that this could have been a great book. The plot seemed so very promising, but it just wasn't enough for me.

The main thing that I had an issue with was the writing. It was so unbelievably boring (not to mention confusing, too).

The style reminded me of Christopher Paolini's writing without the super long descriptions. The difference was, Paolini somehow managed to pull it off and not make me sleepy.

Secondly, the plot didn't seemed developed enough. It was good, but it could have been better. I thought that there were lots of holes in the plot that made stopped it from flowing as smoothly.

One thing I sort of liked was the dialogue. The way they spoke was fitting for the time period, but what they were saying seemed too blunt, causing it to be unrealistic.

I had higher expectations for this book, and I'm sorry to say that it didn't meet them.

Hwa Sun :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Exiled.